FC Bayern Eyes German National Player Nathaniel Brown Amid Davies’ Injury Concerns
Munich, May 19 – FC Bayern Munich is reportedly intensifying its pursuit of Eintracht Frankfurt’s 22-year-old left-back, Nathaniel Brown. The move comes as the Bavarian giants seek to bolster their defensive options, particularly in light of ongoing injury concerns surrounding their Canadian star, Alphonso Davies.
According to reports from “Sport1,” FC Bayern’s scouting department has been closely monitoring Brown, a German national player, and holds him in high esteem. While no official announcement has been made regarding new signings for the upcoming season, numerous discussions are said to be underway behind the scenes at the Säbener Straße.
Davies’ Injury Woes Prompt Search for Alternatives
A primary factor driving Bayern’s interest in Brown is the persistent injury susceptibility of Alphonso Davies. The Canadian international has faced several spells on the sidelines, prompting the club to explore reliable alternatives for the left-back position. Brown’s consistent performances for Eintracht Frankfurt and his status as a German national team player make him an attractive prospect for the Bundesliga champions.
Other Transfer Developments at FC Bayern
The potential acquisition of Brown is just one of several transfer stories currently swirling around FC Bayern. The club’s transfer blog, updated regularly, provides insights into official transfers, speculations, and contract extensions.
Gordon Transfer Hits a Snag
In other news, a potential move for Anthony Gordon from Newcastle United appears to be facing resistance. While the sporting leadership at Bayern is reportedly keen on the offensive player, the club’s supervisory board is said to be against the transfer. “Sport1” reports that Newcastle is demanding around 90 million euros for Gordon, a sum the supervisory board is reportedly unwilling to sanction, citing the club’s current austerity measures.
Goretzka Nearing Milan Move
Leon Goretzka, another prominent Bayern figure, is reportedly close to joining Italian powerhouse AC Milan. According to the “Gazzetta dello Sport,” the Serie A club and the 31-year-old midfielder are nearing an agreement on a three-year contract, with Goretzka set to earn approximately five million euros annually. Goretzka’s contract with Bayern expires this summer, making him eligible for a free transfer.
Jackson’s Loan Spell Ends Without Permanent Deal
Striker Nicolas Jackson will return to Chelsea after his loan spell at Bayern concludes this season. Sporting director Max Eberl confirmed to ZDF’s “Sportstudio” that the purchase option for the 24-year-old will not be exercised, as he will not meet the required number of appearances. Jackson was initially brought in as a potential backup for Harry Kane. Honorary President Uli Hoeneß had previously indicated that Jackson would need to start at least 40 games for a purchase obligation of 65 million euros to be triggered. Jackson has made 29 appearances for Bayern this season, with 16 of them coming as a substitute.
Min-Jae Kim Attracts Juventus Interest
Defender Min-Jae Kim has reportedly caught the eye of Italian record champions Juventus Turin. The “Gazzetta dello Sport” states that Juventus has already contacted Bayern regarding Kim, who is a desired transfer for Juve coach Luciano Spalletti, having previously worked with him at SSC Napoli. Kim, who joined Bayern three years ago for 50 million euros, is reportedly seeking a move due to a lack of playing time. His contract runs until 2028, and Bayern is reportedly willing to facilitate a transfer for at least 30 million euros, ruling out a loan. Juventus is also reportedly interested in Robert Lewandowski and Antonio Rüdiger.
Neuer’s Future Decision Imminent
Manuel Neuer has indicated that a decision regarding his future will be made soon. “The sooner, the better, honestly – also for me personally,” the goalkeeper stated ahead of the Champions League quarter-final second leg against Real Madrid. He added that he doesn’t believe it will be much longer before he makes a decision and holds discussions with the club. Bayern bosses have expressed willingness to extend the 40-year-old’s contract for another year if he desires.
Guerreiro to Depart Bayern
Raphaël Guerreiro will leave FC Bayern this summer upon the expiration of his contract. The club officially confirmed his departure. Sporting director Max Eberl thanked Guerreiro for his contributions, highlighting his reliability on the field and positive presence in the dressing room. Guerreiro, a 32-year-old Portuguese international, joined Bayern in the summer of 2023 on a free transfer from Borussia Dortmund, making 89 appearances with 12 goals and eight assists. He won a German championship and the Supercup with the club. Guerreiro is the second Bayern star, after Leon Goretzka, whose departure after contract expiration has been officially announced.
Youth Talent David Santos Daiber Signs Professional Contract
FC Bayern has awarded a professional contract until 2030 to 19-year-old midfielder David Santos Daiber, a product of their youth academy. Sporting director Christoph Freund praised Santos as an “intelligent, ball-secure, and extremely reliable midfielder” who has made significant developmental strides through regular training with the professional squad. The Portuguese U19 international was part of the Club World Cup squad last summer and has made two brief appearances in the Bundesliga.
Noël Aséko Returns to Bayern
FC Bayern has officially announced the return of Noël Aséko from Hannover 96 after this season. The defensive midfielder has been playing for the second-division club since the winter break of 2025. Aséko joined Bayern’s campus in the summer of 2022 from Hertha BSC’s B-Juniors and made his debut for the German U21 national team last September. His contract with Bayern runs until summer 2028.
Bayern Scouting KSC Talent Louey Ben Farhat
FC Bayern is reportedly scouting Louey Ben Farhat, an offensive talent from second-division club Karlsruher SC. Timon Pauls, KSC’s sporting director and former chief scout for Bayern, confirmed that scouts from the record champions were present at a recent match to observe the 19-year-old. Ben Farhat is considered KSC’s greatest talent, with five goals and two assists in eleven appearances this season. Other top clubs, including Borussia Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt, Bayer Leverkusen, and international teams like Atalanta Bergamo, Como Calcio, Olympique Lyon, and OGC Nice, are also reportedly monitoring Ben Farhat, who has a contract with KSC until 2029. KSC is reportedly willing to sell him for 10-12 million euros.
Kennet Eichhorn Linked to Bayern
One of Germany’s most promising young talents, 16-year-old Kennet Eichhorn, is reportedly in talks with FC Bayern regarding a potential move to the Säbener Straße. According to “Sport Bild,” Bayern benefits from the fact that Eichhorn’s agency, “11Wins,” also represents Bayern star Jamal Musiala and talent Wisdom Mike. Negotiations with his current club, Hertha BSC, would not be necessary due to an exit clause in his contract. Eichhorn, valued at 20 million euros by “transfermarkt.de,” is the most valuable player in the 2. Bundesliga, despite a recent ankle injury.
Hainer Expects Tough Laimer Negotiations
FC Bayern President Herbert Hainer anticipates challenging negotiations for a contract extension with Konrad Laimer. While expressing cautious optimism, Hainer stated that it would likely “take another round or two” before an extension is finalized. Laimer’s contract with Bayern expires in summer 2027, and reports suggest a significant gap between the club and the player regarding salary expectations.
Hoeneß Hints at Quiet Transfer Summer
Honorary President Uli Hoeneß has indicated that FC Bayern will have a relatively quiet transfer summer. In an interview with “Bild,” he cited a reduced financial leeway due to high salaries and transfer fees, as well as an increased focus on developing youth players like Aleksandar Pavlović, Josip Stanišić, and Lennart Karl. Hoeneß stated that further external signings would necessitate taking out loans. He also noted that Bayern’s transfer balance for summer 2025 was largely balanced, with 88.80 million euros spent and 101.70 million euros earned, primarily driven by the 70 million euro acquisition of Luis Díaz from Liverpool.
Eberl Sets Conditions for Neuer Extension
Sporting director Max Eberl is approaching Manuel Neuer’s contract extension with caution. “He is still a top goalkeeper in Europe at almost 40 years old. But of course, it has to continue that way. We have to talk about his motivation and his tension. We expect that as a club and want to find that out together with him,” Eberl told “sport1.de.” Neuer’s contract expires this summer, and he is currently sidelined with a calf muscle tear. Eberl emphasized the need for Neuer to maintain his top-level performance. Bayern also has Jonas Urbig (22) and Sven Ulreich (37) behind Neuer, with Alexander Nübel (29) currently on loan at VfB Stuttgart.
Upamecano Extends Contract Until 2030
Dayot Upamecano has extended his contract with FC Bayern until 2030, the club announced. Sporting director Max Eberl praised Upamecano as a central figure in the team, highlighting his development into a top international player. Upamecano, who joined Bayern in summer 2021 for 42.5 million euros from RB Leipzig, expressed his happiness with the team and coach and their shared goals. The negotiations for his extension were lengthy, with various speculations regarding the reasons, including signing bonuses, exit clauses, and contract duration.
Eberl Confirms Imminent Upamecano Extension
Earlier, Max Eberl had announced that Dayot Upamecano’s contract extension was very close to being finalized. He stated that they were “on a very good path and look forward to announcing it.” Reports suggested that the French international would sign a contract until 2030, earning 20 million euros annually, with an exit clause that could be activated in 2027. Upamecano has become a key player for Bayern since joining from RB Leipzig in 2021, and he was reportedly courted by Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, which prolonged the contract negotiations.
Serge Gnabry Extends Contract Until 2028
Serge Gnabry has extended his contract with FC Bayern until 2028, the club confirmed. Sporting director Max Eberl lauded Gnabry as a vital player on and off the field, noting his growth with the club and his continuous desire for success. Gnabry, 30, has been with Bayern since 2017, winning the Champions League in 2020. He has scored 100 goals and provided 69 assists in 311 competitive matches. Gnabry cited the team, coaching staff, club, fans, city, and environment as reasons for his extension, despite reports of a slight reduction in salary.
Zaragoza Loaned to AS Roma
FC Bayern has loaned Spanish offensive player Bryan Zaragoza to AS Roma for the remainder of the season. This marks another loan spell for Zaragoza, who previously played for Celta Vigo in Spain. Sporting director Christoph Freund stated that Roma, a top club in Italy and the Europa League, offers Zaragoza an opportunity to prepare for the upcoming World Cup. Zaragoza’s contract with Bayern runs until June 30, 2029.
Felipe Chávez Loaned to 1. FC Köln
Felipe Chávez has joined Bundesliga newcomer 1. FC Köln on loan. Sporting director Christoph Freund emphasized that Chávez is a promising young player with a clear development plan at Bayern, and the loan to Köln will provide him with regular Bundesliga appearances. Köln has a purchase option for the 18-year-old, while Bayern reportedly retains a buy-back option. Chávez has trained frequently with the first team this season and made two brief appearances in the Bundesliga.
AS Roma and AC Milan Eye Bayern Talents
AS Roma is reportedly interested in Bryan Zaragoza, with transfer expert Fabrizio Romano reporting an official offer for a loan deal with a purchase option. Meanwhile, AC Milan is reportedly keen on 18-year-old defender Magnus Dalpiaz, one of Bayern’s most promising campus talents. Milan is reportedly planning a loan with a purchase option, while Bayern seeks a buy-back clause.
Source: Abendzeitung München